Keep up to date with conferences, meetings
and every important event with the amc
The Advanced therapy medicinal products Manufacturing Community
The latest meetings, conferences, exhibitions and more
21st Technical Meeting
Building a Sustainable ATMP Industry
The day will include a combination of specialised talks on this theme, a choice of workshops and a ‘fresh thoughts’ session. There will also be a number of opportunities for networking and discussions with vendors.
Registration and Networking
10:00 Session 1.
What are the drivers for sustainability? Chaired by Lucy Foley
Innovate UK, Nick Medcalf ‘ATMP funding from Innovate UK: recent initiatives and next steps’
Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult, Anan Hoest Raghab ’ Carbon Reporting and Challenges on the Road to Net Zero’
Ori Biotech, Jason Jones ‘Sustainability in a Single-Use Plastics World?’
11.30 Session 2.
What might we learn from other industry sectors on their sustainability strategies? Chaired by Michael Whitaker
Sterling Pharma, Brian Peutherer ‘Sterling: Steps on the journey to sustainability’
Veolia, Timothee Duret ‘Recycling – Credible solutions for Advanced therapy medicinal products’
P&G, Paul Swift ‘Accelerating the Circular Economy – from consumer goods across industry sectors’
13.45 Session 3.
How is our Industry tackling Sustainability? Chaired by Jef Pinxteren
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Merete Miles ‘Thermo Fisher’s Journey to Net Zero’
Pall, Miriam Tuschy-Mori ‘Sustainability at Pall & Danaher’
Green Elephant Biotech, Joel Eichmann ‘CellScrew – Using additive manufacturing and plant-based materials to reduce plastic waste from single-use cell culture systems’
15.45 Session 4.
Supplier Quickfires and Fresh Thoughts Chaired by Abby Clark/vendor
- Miltenyi, Aimee Tyler ‘Customised solutions to automate and translate your workflow’
- Biomerieux, Christie Downing-Kay ‘bioMérieux Solutions: Supporting Sustainability Strategies in the ATMP Industry’
- Gyros Protein Technologies, Ian Sheldrake ‘Gyrolab – An open immunoassay platform to help transform your
- eXmoor, Rachel Gracie Cheng ‘eXmoor Pharma Concepts Green Team’
Breakout session. Chaired by Lucy Foley
1. What obstacles are you facing in reducing your carbon footprint?
2. What steps are you currently taking to reduce carbon footprint?
3. How can suppliers help?
4. Would you be willing to share with others how you are tackling the problem?
Close & Dinner
Time until the next amc Technical Meeting